Tuesday 2 August 2011

Facade Treatment

 I'm happy with the overall schematic design for my building, and I've locked in the idea of how to separate the VIP from it's original position to above the grandstand, and I've locked in how the museums and the track now relate. 

Although I'm happy with how this is working schematicaly, I'm not happy with how this translates into a built form. So I've decided that its now time to start and redefine the facade and overall appearance of my building to something that is easily recognisable.
Other Race Track facilities that I've investigated use elements from racing design and technology to define the buildings shape.


 Silverstone Raceway in the UK is a perfect example of this.Designed by Populous Architects it reflects the design of the F1 spoilers.




For my design I'm going to take a different approach and look at something that you dont see when you watch any motorsport. The air the travels around the body, and since my project is being designed for the World Super Bike series primarily, I've produced an image that shows what I'm thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment