Wednesday 2 February 2011

Lets make it Green

I’ve got it.
I’m going to research how to make a motor racing facility green. I’ve been looking into the most recent motor sport buildings built around the globe and they all seem to lack any sense of place. They don’t respond to the site, the people, the sport, the attitudes or the passion thats behind all the users and fans of the sport. Other sporting facilities like that of the archery pavilion done for the 2000 Olympic games in Sydney reflects the sport. The strength of the bow, the accuracy of the archer. These buildings have no heart.

A Few days ago I rang the firm the designed the Bathurst Race Facilities in Bathurst, NSW. I asked them if they were interested in meeting to discuss their design, the brief the was involved and the difficultites that they found. Hopefully they give me some good information and I can work out if this project is bigger then I can chew. 




No comments:

Post a Comment