Tuesday 1 March 2011

Let it Begin


Well its sorted then! Phillip Island Race track will be getting a new race complex that responds to the site, explores the design trends in concept motorcycle design and respects the history that is behind it all. Still not entirely sure how this will all happen, but it’s a starting point. My initial feeling is that I’d like to explore the idea of designing something that reflects the attitudes towards racing in the future, and not just now. Its hoped that by doing this, I’ll be able to design a building that has a longer life span.

I’ve always found it interesting to see that so many people design something based on what is the now. But what about tomorrow? And how will their building look and work then?  Will it still function, or by the time its finished construction will it already be obsolete.

I’d like to think that somehow I can use this within the design. Again not to sure how….but you get that.

No comments:

Post a Comment